Our Top Organizational Cultures to Inspire You
6th July, 2023
Organizational culture is a crucial aspect of any business. It defines the values, beliefs, and attitudes that shape the way employees interact with each other and with customers. A strong organizational culture can inspire employees to achieve their best, foster innovation, and create a positive work environment. In this blog post, we will explore some of the top organizational cultures that can inspire you.
Google is known for its innovative and creative culture. The company encourages its employees to think outside the box and take risks. Google's culture is centered on the belief that happy employees are productive employees. The company offers perks such as free food, on-site gyms, and massages to keep its employees happy and motivated.
Having a company culture such as this promotes innovation and this allows them to compete in various industries and markets. he following characteristics define Google’s corporate culture:
1. Openness: By sharing knowledge and insights among employees that cater to the needs of the customers.
2. Innovation, especially technological innovation: They motivate their people to constantly think outside the box and this has a positive impact on the effectiveness of the business.
3. Smartness with excellence: Human resources makes it their mission to integrate an appreciation for excellence among employees in every aspect of their work.
4. Hands-on approach: Theoretical knowledge is just not enough, their culture implements policies that support employees and their involvement in all projects and experiments that are in the works.
5. Small-company-family rapport: They put a great emphasis on the social interactions among employees which positively impacts the overall morale at Google.
How do you know what your people really want?
Zappos is famous for its customer-centric culture. The company's core values include delivering "wow" through service, embracing and driving change, and creating fun and a little weirdness. Zappos encourages its employees to be themselves and express their individuality. The company also offers extensive training and development programs to help employees grow and succeed.
Zappos understands that by creating an awesome culture, the success of the brand as a whole is a given. A good company culture is not possible without the people that are a part of it and by creating an environment where their culture is celebrated and protected is the key for it being so long lasting.
3. Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines is known for its fun and friendly culture. The company's employees are encouraged to have fun at work and create a positive experience for passengers. Southwest's culture is built on the belief that happy employees lead to happy customers. The company offers perks such as free flights for employees and their families, as well as profit-sharing plans.
Here are some lessons we can take:
1. Evolve your Culture: They keep their employees on their toes through "Culture Blitzes," in which a Culture Services team visits an airport and touches every Southwest employee there with food and fun.
2. Equip “leaders,” regardless of what position they have: Leaders must be encouraged to know about their employees' needs inside & outside of the workplace.
3. Empower & Appreciate Employees: Southwest encourages employee acknowledgment through peer-to-peer recognition and ensures that their employees' opinions are not only heard but taken seriously.
4. Model the way: Executives and managers are fully expected to lead by example and this is verified by the company regularly.
Wondering how to create a Company Culture like this?
Patagonia is a company that is committed to sustainability and environmental responsibility. The company's culture is centered on the belief that businesses can be a force for good in the world. Patagonia encourages its employees to be environmentally conscious and to make a positive impact on the world. The company also offers on-site childcare, flexible work schedules, and paid time off for volunteering.
91% of employees at Patagonia say it is a great place to work compared to 57% of employees at a typical U.S.-based company.
Netflix is famous for its innovative and disruptive culture. The company's culture is centered on the belief that employees should be treated like adults and given the freedom to do their best work. Netflix offers unlimited vacation time, flexible work schedules, and no dress code. The company also encourages employees to take risks and learn from their mistakes.
In conclusion, organizational culture is a crucial aspect of any business. A strong culture can inspire employees to achieve their best, foster innovation, and create a positive work environment. The companies listed above are just a few examples of organizations with inspiring cultures. By studying these companies and their cultures, you can gain insight into what makes a successful and inspiring organizational culture.
Rimani costantemente aggiornato su ciò che realmente motiva le tue persone.
Trova la soluzione migliore per la tua organizzazione
Ascoltare e rispondere proattivamente ai bisogni delle persone è la chiave del successo della tua azienda. Con il piano Engagement di Beaconforce potrai implementare un canale di comunicazione bilaterale, tenendo sotto controllo i bisogni del tuo team ed avendo sempre visibilità in tempo reale di come si sentono le tue persone.
Articoli e news